WE ENSURE HEALTH AND SAFETY AT ALL LULAC CENTERS
- Facilities designed to assure each child’s needs are met in a safe and secured environment.
- NAYEC-accredited and licensed.
- Buildings tested and inspected annually, quarterly and monthly.
- Each room is cleansed and disinfected every night to exceed sanitation standards.
- Monthly safety checklists for each classroom and general environment completed by health staff.
- State of the art, child designed fixtures for healthy fun.
- Daily playground checklist completed by teaching staff and health staff.
- Secured outside space meeting Head Start standards and DPH standards.
- Each room within the facilities are furnished with gloves for emergencies.
- The Health Office at each center is equipped with a complete First Aid Kit.
- Each classroom has First Aid kit within their First Aid bags
- Daily classroom checklist completed in each classroom.
- Facilities are monitored by security cameras to ensure visibility at all times.
- Non-program participants must sign in and sign out.
- Each staff member goes through a detailed background check to secure the safety of the staff and the children.
- Fire drills conducted monthly.
- Lockdowns conducted monthly.
- Emergency plans (fire, weather, medical, evacuation) posted in every room and every parent board.
LULAC’s priority is to educate and develop children and families all while creating a safe and healthy environment.
LULAC centers are safety and security conscientious. We follow Head Start, Office of Early Childhood, Department of Public Health (DPH) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAYEC) guidelines and regulations to ensure the upmost safe and secured environments for the care of the children we serve.
LULAC also provides mandatory health and safety trainings to all its staff in the areas of First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration.